Until further notice, Passport Acceptance Services are not available.
The Sacramento County Public Law Library offers appointments for passport acceptance services Monday – Friday, between 8 am – 12 pm. Call 916-874-5625 to schedule an appointment.
Walk-in services are available in the afternoons starting at 1 pm. A sign-in sheet for walk-ins is available at the Circulation Desk starting at noon.
For information about parking around the library please visit our parking information page. The Law Library does not offer parking. Do not park in the private lot next to the library. You will be towed.
Prepare for your appointment
What do you need to bring? Visit the U.S. State Department website for a list.
Each applicant must pay two fees: the application fee to the U.S. Department of State (check or money order only), and the execution (acceptance) fee to the Law Library (cash, check, Visa, MasterCard accepted).
Adult Applicants (Age 16 and older):
|Passport Book & Card||DS-11||$140||$35|
Child Applicants (Age 15 and younger):
|Passport Book & Card||DS-11||$95||$35|
The application fee and the execution (acceptance) fee are paid separately.
- Application fees are paid to the Department of State. The U.S. Department of State accepts only checks or money orders at this time. Cash, debit/credit and starter checks are not accepted.
- Execution (acceptance) fees are paid to Sacramento County Public Law Library, which accepts cash, check or credit card.
To estimate your fees visit the US Department of State Fee Calculator.
Please note: New applicants, renewals, name changes or corrections, lost or stolen passports, etc. each require a different form.
For a list of common forms including the DS-11 and options to fill them out and print online visit the U.S. Department of State’s forms page.
Find the right form at the U.S. Department of State’s form finder.
Can you renew by mail?
Go to renewing your passport to see if you meet the criteria to renew by mail.
The SCPLL Passport Center does not accept passport renewal applications.
- If you are eligible to renew by mail then you must mail your renewal application yourself.
- If you are not eligible to renew by mail then you may apply in person at the SCPLL Passport Center.
- You cannot renew by mail if your previous passport was issued when you were under the age of 16.
Need a Passport Photo?
You can provide your own passport photo or for an additional $15 per passport SCPLL’s passport service staff can take your photo.
Passport Processing Times
Check the US State Department’s website for current processing times.
If You Need a Passport in a Hurry…
- You may request expedited service for an additional fee per application.
- You may also request overnight delivery back from the passport agency for another added fee per application
Overnight delivery is optional and not required for expedited service, but it is recommended to ensure accelerated processing.
If You Need a Passport Immediately…
The SCPLL Passport Center does not offer same day passport service. If you are traveling within 14 days or sooner, please contact the National Passport Information Center (NPIC) at 877-487-2778 to schedule an appointment at the closest regional passport agency.
If you have further questions…
For more information about the passport application process including fees, processing times, identity and citizenship evidence, as well as other documents required at time of application, visit U.S. Department of State’s website or call the National Passport Information Center:
- 877-4USA-PPT or 877-487-2778
- TDD/TTY: 888-874-7793
- Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. (Eastern Time)
- Closed on federal holidays.