Passport Services we provide:
- First -time passports:
- Original evidence of citizenship – such as original birth certificate or naturalization certificate – is required.
- Replacement of lost, stolen, or damaged passports.
- Renewals for passports issued before the applicant was 16 years old.
- Renewals for expired passports issued more that 15 years ago.
- All other renewals can be accomplished via the mail-in renewal form.
Appointments are required:
Library Desk staff cannot book appointments via phone or in person. You must schedule online.
Please come prepared:
The U.S State Department’s Passport website provides a list of Form and Documents needed for a successful application. Late arrivals and/or incomplete applications will require rescheduling.
Passports for children:
- Applicants ages 0-15 years -Generally, BOTH parents and applicant/child must be present and provide evidence of parental relationship, such as a birth certificate.
- If a parent is unable to appear, a notarized Form DS-3053 or other documentation is required. Requirements are provided on the U.S State Department’s Passport website.
- Applicants ages 16 and 17 – Parental awareness is required, which may be evidence by payment for fees with a parent’s check. One parent may be required to be present and to present valid identification if the applicant/child does not have sufficient identification.
- A check or money order payable to U.S Department of State is required for each applicant for Passport Fees. Debit/Credit cards are not accepted. For Passport Fees visit the U.S Department of State.
- A Visa, Mastercard or money order payable to Sacramento County Public Law Library is required for execution fee(s) (including photo and USPS Priority Express shipping fees, if applicable)
- Library charges $15.00 for photos on site.
Additional Passport Acceptance Agency Locations:
If the Library’s service hours are unable to meet your needs, please visit the Passport Facility Search Page to find alternate locations.