Items may be checked out for a seven-day loan period. Up to two seven-day renewals are allowed, unless the item has been requested by another patron. The seven-day renewal period begins when the item is renewed.
Renewals may be made by calling the Circulation Desk at (916) 874-8541. You may also renew material online, via the Law Library’s online catalog.
How to Renew Items Online
Step 1. Accessing your online account
- Go to our website at saclaw.org.
- Select “Online Catalog” under Login/Signup in the top left corner of the screen. Or go directly to the online catalog by clicking here.
- Enter your Borrower ID, in the “Borrower ID” field. (All accounts set up before 04/1/17 use your library card barcode as your Borrower ID. All accounts set up after 04/1/17 use the borrower’s first initial and last name (e.g., jsmith) as your Borrower ID. If you would like to update your log in please email email@example.com)
- Enter the last 4 digits of the phone number you used to set up your account in the “PIN or Last 4 Digits of Work Phone” field. The last 4 digits of your phone number is your default password.
- Click on “Login.”
Step 2. After logging in
- Select the “My Account” tab on the top of the page, if it is not already open.
- Select the “Checked Out” tab to view and renew items checked out to you.
- Check the box to the left of the titles you wish to renew. Click on the “Renew” button.
- Confirm the new due dates. If an item could not be renewed (i.e. someone else has placed the item on hold, you tried to renew the items after the due date*, or you have already renewed the item the maximum number of times) the due date will not have changed.
- Click on “Logout” on the top right side of the page.
*Online renewals after the due date are not available, although you may be able to renew the items by phone. Please contact us at (916) 874-8541 to find out if renewal is possible.