- Start Time: 1:00 PM
- End Time: 2:00 PM
- Date: December 9, 2021
- Location: Online Webinar
- MCLE Credits: 1
- Instructor: Alex Binsfeld Bryan Hawkins J. Paul Hoybjerg Kristin N. Capritto Lexi Howard Mark Slaughter Melanie Alsworth Stephanie Finelli
- Seats: 25
Cultural competence when working with LGBTQ+ clients is a necessary component of the overall competence of legal counsel and their staff. That cultural competence requires the use of inclusive and respectful language, as well as an understanding of the ways that the identities of diverse clients inform the client’s experience, the attorney’s representation, and the client’s actions and responses in the context of the unique facts and circumstances of their case.
This “live” webinar qualifies for the “Recognition and Elimination of Bias in the Legal Profession and Society” MCLE credit.
The attorney panelists and the moderator represent deep expertise in a variety of areas, including:
– Melanie Alsworth, Assistant United States Attorney
– Alex Binsfeld, Director of Legal, TGI Justice Project
– Jessie Boas, Immigrant Justice Corps Fellow and Staff Attorney
– Kristin Capritto, Downey Brand LLP (estate planning, trust administration, real estate)
– Stephanie Finelli, Law Office of Stephanie Finelli (family/civil/appellate)
– Bryan Hawkins, Stoel Rives (labor and employment)
– Paul Hoybjerg, Hoybjerg Law (personal injury, abuse)
– Mark Slaughter, Supervising Attorney, Felony Division Sacramento County Office of the Public Defender
– Moderator, Lexi Howard, Murphy Austin Adams Schoenfeld, LLP (real estate and business)
Please note: If you have a question for the panel, please submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, December 7.
After you purchase this webinar, you will receive an email message from our Training Coordinator 24-hours prior to the event with a link to Demio.com, the Law Library’s webinar platform. You will log into Demio using your name, California State BAR number (if you do not have a BAR # put N/A) and email address to register into the live webinar.
Paid reservations must be received by December 7, 2021 prior to the event on December 9, 2021.
Cancellation of the event must be submitted 48-hours before start time for this webinar. Please see our Terms & Condition and the “48-hour Cancellation Policy” for further details.
**This webinar qualifies for 1-hour of “participatory” MCLE credit. The Sacramento County Public Law Library, provider #11100, certifies that this event conforms to the standards approved for educational activities prescribed by the rules and regulations of the State Bar of California governing minimum continuing legal education [Rule 2.7.5].
Please click the date of the webinar on the calendar below to activate the “Book Now” button.