- Start Time: 1:30 PM
- End Time: 2:30 PM
- Date: May 13, 2021
- Location: Online Webinar
- MCLE Credits: 1
- Instructor: John R. Wierzbicki
- Seats: 0
In this webinar, John R. Wierzbicki from the Witkin Legal Institute will discuss topics from recent critical California Supreme Court decisions, including:
- Retroactivity of Dynamex and the “ABC test.”
- Duty to protect third parties.
- Conflicts between “form of title” and community property presumptions.
- The standard of review by clear and convincing evidence.
- Liability for recording a phone call without consent.
- Are water service rates a “tax” or a “fee.”
- Ancillary restraints within business-to-business agreements.
- Injuries to persons acting at behest of law enforcement.
- Minor infringements on a meal period.
- County district attorney’s authority to enforce the UCL.
- The constitutionality of bail.
After you purchase this webinar, you will receive an email message from our Training Coordinator with a link to Demio, the Law Library’s webinar platform. You will log into Demio using your name, California State BAR number (if you do not have a BAR # put N/A) and email address to register into the live webinar.
Paid reservations must be received by May 11, 2021, two-days prior to the event on May 13, 2021. Cancellation of the event must be submitted 48-hours before start time for this webinar. Please see our Terms & Condition and the “48-hour Cancellation Policy” for further details.
**This webinar qualifies for 1-hour of “participatory” MCLE credit. The Sacramento County Public Law Library, provider #11100, certifies that this event conforms to the standards approved for educational activities prescribed by the rules and regulations of the State Bar of California governing minimum continuing legal education [Rule 2.7.5].
Please click the date of the class on the calendar to activate the “ADD TO CART” button.