- Start Time: 1:30 PM
- End Time: 2:30 PM
- Date: April 19, 2021
- Location: Online Webinar
- MCLE Credits: 1
- Instructor: Jessica Greathouse Johnathan Dorsey, Esq.
- Seats: 0
This Westlaw session will cover research methods for the topics discussed in the earlier “Unlawful Detainer: Pitfalls and Procedure” webinar on April 15, specifically:
- Looking at the law – how to pull up CA codes (e.g. ccp 1161); how to look up past versions, legislative history, Notes of Decisions, Citing References, and using the code to locate relevant Secondary Sources
- Examining affirmative defenses with Secondary Sources – CA Civil Practice Landlord/Tenant, Rutter Landlord/Tenant, Miller & Starr, Witkin
- Locating Forms that can be pulled from Secondary Sources to assist you in your case
- A review of Case Law to support your argument – How to use the summary, headnotes, opinion & KeyCite – to determine if the case is still good law
PLEASE NOTE: Attendees for this webinar will receive a password & username that will provide them with free Westlaw access for up to 10 hours over 2 weeks.
After you purchase this webinar, you will receive an email message from our Training Coordinator with a link to Demio, the Law Library’s webinar platform. You will log into Demio using your name, California State BAR number (if you do not have a BAR # put N/A) and email address to register into the live webinar.
Paid reservations must be received by April 15, 2021, two-days prior to the event on April 19, 2021. Cancellation of the event must be submitted 48-hours before start time for this webinar. Please see our Terms & Condition and the “48-hour Cancellation Policy” for further details.
**This webinar qualifies for 1-hour of “participatory” MCLE credit. The Sacramento County Public Law Library, provider #11100, certifies that this event conforms to the standards approved for educational activities prescribed by the rules and regulations of the State Bar of California governing minimum continuing legal education [Rule 2.7.5].
Please click the date of the class on the calendar to activate the “Book Now” button.