Mr. Keegan co-founded the Law Offices of Keegan & Myers, PC in 1997. He is retired from the United States Army and is a retired Sacramento County Sheriff Deputy. In addition to membership in the California Bar he is admitted to practice before the Federal District Court.
A rarity in the legal world, Mr. Keegan specializes in the preparation of qualified domestic relations orders, or QDROs and litigation relating to retirement issues.
• Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminal Justice at California State University, Sacramento, in 1980
• Juris Doctorate from Lincoln Law School, Sacramento, in 1985
• Admittance to the California State Bar in 1987
• Retired from the United States Army with 41 years of service
• Retired from the Sacramento Sheriff’s Department
• State practitioner for thirty years in the area of family law
• Former Judge Pro Tem in family law for the Superior Court of California for the County of Sacramento, County of El Dorado, and the County of Placer
• Former Judge Pro Tem in small claims for the County of Sacramento and the County of Placer
• Service as fee arbitrator for the Sacramento County Bar Association and Placer County Bar Association
• Practiced Mediator in family law
• Seminar presenter in the area of retirement division and preparation of QDROs