Free Access at the Law Library
The Law Library provides patrons free access to a number of online and CD-ROM legal resources. Publishers' licensing restrictions prohibit the use of these databases through the library's website, but they are available at all public terminals in the library.
Use of the Law Library's computers is limited to legal research and writing only. Internet Use Policy.
- HeinOnline® provides access to full texts of law reviews and legal periodicals from each publication's inception to its most current volume, the Federal Register, the Code of Federal Regulations, selected U.S. federal legislative history, international treaties and agreements, legal classics, and more.
- Matthew Bender CD-ROM
- The California Law & Practice library on CD provides access to the full texts of popular Matthew Bender treatises such as California Forms of Pleading and Practice and California Points and Authorities.
- Nolo E-Books
- Log In from Home
- Nolo Ebooks provides access to electronic versions of do-it-yourself legal books from Nolo Press. Patrons can access the Nolo Ebooks collection from home or office.
- Download Instructions (PDF)
- OnLAW is a web-based tool that provides online access to over 90 CEB titles. With OnLAW, you can search the full-text of CEB practice guides and action guides to find California legal commentary and analysis and access attorney-drafted forms.
- Quick Start
Quick Start from Home or Library
- Allows you to simultaneously search our collection and those of many other libraries worldwide using WorldCat, from your home or office!
- Support Calculation
- The library provides the XSpouse support calculation software (similar to Dissomaster™) on all public computers for patron use.
Click here for more information about child support.
- WestlawNext® provides easy access to primary materials from both federal and state courts. This database also contains California texts, treatises, and practice aids on a variety of legal topics, as well as California court docket information, articles from law reviews and legal periodicals, and many other publications.